Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Moving forward?

So, in the sense of "moving forward," I have always tended towards trying new things and experiencing something different in order to learn more.  My recent move to Ypsilanti, has left me with the feeling of a wonder.  I ask myself what is the best way to brew a cup? V60? Bee-house? Fetco? French-press? I am sure everyone has their preference of brew method, but is there one right way to brew?  If you were to hear of a shop who brews all french-press, would you instantly not want to go there for a cup of coffee? (although you may just have the best french-press in the world?)  Would you turn your nose up to a shop that just does pour over bee-house brews?  Who is defining what is right in the coffee industry? What if it was not possible for a shop to do slow brew due to space or customer flow? Triple ristretto or double traditional? What is your biggest cup size? What is your base price for a "regular" cup of coffee? Is there really an excuse for a coffee shop to not brew quality? Roast quality? Source quality?


My past tense has caught up with me... who is defining me & what do I stand for?

No comments:

Post a Comment