Saturday, October 31, 2009

This coffee world...
I tend to wake up early now no matter what. All that I drank the night before doesn't keep me down and away from my beloved coffee. This past month or so has been really surreal with its ups and downs. The industry lost a great person and I lost a great new friend. I have managed to meet and greet with many industry professionals, and it seems that they are all pretty much as lost as I seem to be when it comes to the next steps. Should the industry be about growth patterns and working to the next step of enlightenment, or should we try to do the best we can without sacrificing our beliefs. If there is one thing I can really take away from everyone I am meeting and from those who I have lost, it is that life is short, and if you are not having fun and enjoying what you are doing then you probably shouldn't be doing it. I personally know that it is way easier to say then to put into practice but I am sure there is some truth that we can all see in it.

I attended the Roast Halloween Party last night, and it was pretty much insanity, and the most fun I have had in a while. It made me miss rocking out on an espresso machine and pouring some latte art. We had people from all over the region come out to watch and support Milwaukees baristas vs. Portland in a city to city latte art throwdown. Milwaukee narrowly beat Portland, but I imagine that without the sponsorship from PBR that the gap would have been a bit larger in Milwaukees favor.

I have to go wake up some hung over people who don't sleep much and try and get them to go out for some coffee with me. Two hours before I gotta take them back to Chicago. It is Halloween and I am ready for this strange day.

No comments:

Post a Comment